Top 5 Spring Cleaning Tips for 2020Michelle
Are you safe at home and feeling like a little Spring Cleaning is necessary? I think we’re all feeling like a little organization might help bring us some peace. Spring-cleaning is important for everyone, particularly if you’re preparing to sell your home in the near future. After all, a clean, well-cared for home is much more attractive to potential buyers than a messy, disheveled one. And as long as most of you out there are sequestered at home for obvious reasons, now is as good a time as any to start spring cleaning. Here are some of my favorite tips.
• Make a schedule: Commit yourself to times when you will be cleaning and de-cluttering your home. Have a plan for each room and stick to that plan. Hit one room at a time and do not go back and forth as this will only make the task harder and more disorganized.
• De-clutter: Spring cleaning provides the perfect opportunity for one to throw away unneeded items in the home. Go over those items that you have not used for years and consider selling, donating or throwing them away. Clothing is always a good place to start. Some experts suggest that if you haven’t worn a particular item for at least 6 months, it may be expendable.
• Get the entire family involved: Many hands make light work. One of the advantages of having a large family is all the manpower that is potentially available when it comes to tasks such as spring cleaning. Give everyone in the family a special duty including young children. Often, children of a certain age are happy to feel as though they are contributing in some way. Just be sure to keep it organized so that you don’t get in each other’s way.
• Break cleaning down into 10-minute chunks: Spring cleaning is a marathon not a sprint. Pace yourself. Take small breaks when you begin to grow tired so that you will have enough energy to complete the task.
• Stock up on cleaning supplies: I know – great joke. If and when you are able to purchase your favorite supplies try to get the supplies you need but not a surplus. These supplies can consist of much more than Lysol but include: sponges, rags, mops, etc.
Many of us think of spring-cleaning as being an odious task that must be performed once a year. The truth is a 15-minute cleanup routine practiced every few days can make spring cleaning a breeze. It can also produce a home that is healthier, more pleasant to live in, better organized and easier to sell. We have plenty of Moorpark homes for sale or coming available soon including those in the Moorpark Highlands. My team and I will help you find a clean, safe home that you and your family will thrive in for years.