5 Signs You’ve Found the Right RealtorMichelle
Whether you are in the market for your first or fifteenth home, finding the right realtor is a huge key to locating and settling into exactly the place you want. The right realtor can make the entire home buying process – from making negotiations, communicating with the others involved – much easier. So how will you know when you’ve chosen the right realtor to guide you through the all too-real journey of buying a home? Read on to discover how you can tell if the realtor you have chosen will be a help or a hindrance to your home buying efforts.
Agents, Brokers, and Realtors: What’s the Difference?
Real Estate Agent – An agent is a real estate professional who has earned a license to help people buy sell or invest in homes. They must pass their state’s real estate licensing exam before they are able to help the public. Once done, they must align themselves with a real estate brokerage
Broker – This is a real estate agent or realtor who represents sellers or buyers of real estate property. They often work under a licensed broker to represent clients. Additionally, a broker must pass a specific exam to earn certification.
Realtor – A realtor is a licensed real estate salesperson who belongs to the National Association of REALTORS®
Signs You’ve Found the Perfect Real Estate Agent
• The agent you’ve chosen is knowledgeable: This is the primary value that an agent can bring to homebuyers and sellers. They should be familiar with all areas of real estate and be familiar with the market in which you are home shopping.
• Your real estate agent is responsive, available, and communicative: The agent you’ve chosen must be someone who will return your calls and answer any questions you may have. A great agent understands the importance of keeping in contact with his/her client as delays can cause deadlines to be missed, etc.
• They are persistent: A good agent not only knows that real estate is full of setbacks and delays but he or she must also know how to persist in getting the results their clients desire.
• You like being around them: When you engage a real estate agent you are also starting a relationship that may last for some time. Therefore, be sure that you can get along with the person you have chosen to do business with.
• They’re honest with you: Honesty is the best policy when it comes to real estate agent/client interactions. A good real estate agent should be able to give you the harsh truth that what you’re looking for is not available if necessary.
Screening Questions to Ask Real Estate Agents
So how do you find the right agent? One way is to ask questions – plenty of questions, such as:
• How many years have you been in the business?
• Is your real estate license in good standing?
• How many other clients are you working with?
• Have you ever recommended that a buyer not buy a property? Why?
Whether you’re looking for Moorpark homes for sale or searching in some other area of Ventura County, hiring the wrong real estate agent can be disastrous. That is why you should take as much care as possible in choosing the right partner in your search for a home. As the number one Century 21 Small Teams Realtor Nationwide, our team can help you find the home of your dreams and we will strive to make the process as seamless as possible.